The greatest event of the summer, the XXVII Song Celebration and the XX Dance Celebration “My Fatherland is My Love” taking place from July 4th to 7th brings along several changes in the traffic of Tallinn. Therefore, the journey between the airport and the centre may also take a little longer than usually.
The events of the Song and Dance Celebration will bring thousands of visitors to the capital, increasing the traffic load, and there are also changes in the traffic management. The celebration first of all affects the central area from Kassisaba district to Kadriorg. Due to the changes, also the traffic towards Tallinn Airport may require more time and planning than normally. We suggest everyone who will come to Tallinn Airport to check the changes in traffic and parking potentially affecting their route, in order to find an alternative route, if necessary.
Information about the changes from Ühisteenused:
• The main changes in the traffic and parking in Tallinn are related to the areas around the Kalev Central Stadium, Tallinn Song Festival Grounds and along the trajectory of the procession.
• The changes take place in the week of the celebration, i.e. the first week of July: June 30th to July 7th, 2019.
• The new traffic and parking arrangements are supported by temporary road signs and traffic controllers in yellow vests.
• Detailed information about the traffic and parking is available at www.parkimine.ee
Main areas with changes in traffic and parking:
• The area around the Kalev Central Stadium. Changes in traffic management from July 1st to July 5th are mainly related to the streets near the Kalev Central Stadium: Püssirohu, Herne, Staadioni, Võistluse and Juhkentali and the parking terms. Traffic speed of 30 km/h will be established in Juhkentali, Staadioni, Herne, Võistluse and Püssirohu Streets. During mass movement periods of the audience of the Dance Celebration performances, Juhkentali Street will be closed for short periods: from 1.00 p.m. to 11.00 p.m. on July 4th and from 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 p.m. on July 5th.
• The area of the Tallinn Song Festival Grounds. Changes in traffic management from July 1st to July 7th are mainly related to Joa, Pirita, Vana-Pirita, Kuristiku, Oja Streets and Narva Road, as well as parking terms; traffic speed of 30 km/h will be established for some roads for the above period.
• Route of the procession. Due to the procession taking place on July 6th and the necessary preparations, the traffic management and parking terms will be changed already from the evening of July 5th until the evening of July 6th in the areas where the procession is lined up: Luise, Endla, Toompea, Tõnismäe, Hariduse, Wismari and Roosikrantsi Streets and Falgi Road, which is changed into a two-way road. For the procession, traffic management will also be changed in the streets of Kassisaba district that are towards the centre from Luise and Endla streets, through Freedom Square (Vabaduse väljak), Pärnu Road, Narva Road and Pirita Road up to the Sea Gate of Tallinn Song Festival Grounds.
Changes in public transport during the celebration. Due to the changes in traffic management, the public transport timetables between July 4 and July 7th include more vehicles in city lines from the centre towards Pirita and the Tallinn Song Festival Grounds and back. Also, for the celebration weekend, the City of Tallinn will open a temporary round line of buses between the Centre and the Tallinn Song Festival Grounds, and the late night departures of the Kadriorg tram line will be extended.