Sustainable and responsible attitude to surrounding environment is valued by all Tallinn airport employees. Aviation is a sector, having inevitably significant effect on environment status and – safety. Therefore we need to make an effort to alleviate our organization’s negative impact and load to environment and to be as sustainable in our activities as possible.
Our goals is to ensure sustainable and responsible operations at our group airports, offering quality services, preserving nature resources and minimizing air emissions.
AS Tallinn Airport has been issued certificates:
AS Tallinn Airport environment policy
- We arrange our daily routines so that it enables us to monitor sustainable environment principles and use technological processes, equipment and materials having no harmful effect on environment or keeping it in sound limitations.
- We assess continuously our environment impacts and risks, considering them in our daily activities.
- We keep significant environment aspects under control and prevent environment pollution.
- We protect health and safety of our employees, customers and community partners.
- We communicate openly and reliably with all interested parties.
- We monitor and calculate CO2 and other air emissions and find ways to minimize climate warming at Tallinn airport.
- We continuously improve our quality- and environment management system.
- Every 3 years we set new environment goals and monitor their performance yearly.
Main focuses of environment policy are:
- Optimal usage of natural resources;
- Ensuring necessary materials, financial- and other resources for reaching the set goals;
- Preferring sustainable materials and technologies;
- Complying with legal- and other group requirements.