CHECKING-IN FOR THE FLIGHT
It is actually easy to avoid hassle when taking your flight!
- Be at the airport two hours before the departure.
- If you are travelling with children, non-standard luggage
(bicycle, golf equipment, etc.), make sure you give yourself more time.
- By the time you get to the check-in desk, have your plane
ticket and travel documents ready. When travelling within the European Union,
it is enough to have an ID card, but when travelling to other countries you
will need a passport.
- If you have an alien’s passport, make sure that you have a
document with you which confirms your residence permit – in older alien’s
passports there is a special label for that; in newer passports you need to
take the ID card which confirms your residence permit with you.
- The most comfortable way to check-in is to do it in a self-help terminal or on the website of your airline before arriving at the airport.
NB! Airline companies in general stop checking-in 40 minutes before the departure. This means that even if the flight departs after the rush hour and there are no queues in the security check or check-in, if you have arrived half an hour before your departure, you will still miss your flight.